Monday, February 6, 2012

Patina Style at Giannetti Home






























v> Recently I had the pleasure of meeting with Brooke Giannetti of Gianetti Home and blogger extraordinaire of http://velvetandlinen.com/ I traveled to LA to attend my daughter- in- law- to- be's bridal shower but coincidentally Giannetti Home is right around the corner. So I stopped by to say hello.



I was greeted by the smiling face of Kelly, showroom manager. Even though we had only exchanged one or two emails she welcomed me with great enthusiasm. We had a chance to chat about business, blogging, on- line design services and more. I was thrilled to see all the fabulous antique and custom furnishings that were grouped in creative vignettes about the store. It was so much fun for me to see what Brooke writes about in her blog in person. The Patina Style she describes so often was right there in front of me. For those of you who might like to know exactly what that means please check out the book she and her husband, artist and architect, Steve, wrote called, not coincidentally, Patina Style.

To me "Patina" lends a sense of history and charm to a room that cannot be created with new pieces even if they are artfully distressed. Whether a few antique accessories or a room full of carefully chosen furniture, an interior in this style will never be dated!


The furniture, accessories and lighting that Brooke shows in her store are gathered from all over the world. The more rustic and worn, the more charm. To compliment that look Brooke has designed her own line of uphostery that is simple and elegant, not to mention extremely comfortable. The natural linen and canvas coverings blend seamlessly into the natural textures of the antiques.

Brooke even gave me a list of "must see" showrooms and places to go and I was eager to set out on my explorations the next day. Driving on my own in L A was daunting but I knew it would be worth it, and it certainly was.

I will be posting some of the pictures in my photo journal from my design inspiration adventures so stay tuned.



















































































No comments:

Post a Comment