Saturday, March 5, 2011

Living Wall Hanging Garden






The Red Cross Showcase House I talked about in my prior post had many fabulous elements. Perhaps the most fascinating was not actually in the house but in the garden by the pool. I could call it a hanging garden but it was really a work of art. The wall was planted with various plants in many colors of leaves and flowers. It was so artistically created it was like an abstract painting.

The play of color and texture created an unbelieveably beautiful pattern. I had to walk right up to it and look close to see if my eyes were playing a trick on me. Yes, they were tiny plants in all their glory. If you look at the wall you will see it is draped with fabric that has tiny pockets. Each pocket has a little soil into which each little plant is inserted. What a delightful surprise.

So for anyone who wishes they could have a garden but have no place to put one, now you do!
I am hoping to find more about hanging garden walls on line. I would love to know if you have ever planted a garden like this or have information about them to share.






2 comments:

  1. Were these Wooly Pockets? http://www.woollypocket.com/ We have a friend who works for that company they do amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am trying to find the company that makes this product. It very well could be the same one.

    ReplyDelete